Monday, November 8, 2010

Rainy Mondays

I never get called in to teach on a Monday. It seems to be a fact of life. This Monday though, it is a good thing since I am on Day 3 of potty training my daughter. How's it going? please don't ask.

I've been reading through blogs, simply out of curiosity. It is a new thing for me and I must say, it is very bizarre. I feel almost creepy looking through stranger's family and baby pictures, reading their thoughts and feelings on, sometimes, very personal subjects. It is actually making me want to quit now before I really get into this.

Some of the blogs out there are really great, though. Interesting thoughts on life or current events, creativity, artwork and stories to follow.

Now I realize that everyone needs an outlet and good for you for finding yours, hey I am writing a blog too. But, holy crap people! Yes, your babies are cute and do cute and funny things. And yes, your family looks beautiful, but a public blog? Do you really want strangers looking through your family's lives? Knowing the names of your children and what they look like?

Me, I have a photo album. Remember those? You get prints made and make a book that you can look through when you are feeling nostalgic. Need to share photos easily with family from afar? I have a private facebook account that only my friends and family can access should they choose.

Now the music, well, frankly, it just shouldn't be allowed. It is just plain awful. Nothing makes me click away faster that your idea of mood or theme music. It is just wrong.

Perhaps I am just cranky. I have been cooped up in the house for three days potty training a two year old that thinks it is just hilarious to pee on the floor.

But really, the music has got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment